Hi David

I think source itself might convert - but programs created from source that has character literals - those won't convert the literals - they end up using the code point pulled in at compile time. Hence, pipe turns into whoopee!!

But this is why the at-sign and dollar-sign probably should not be used in variable names in RPG - at least, I think that's right. There goes all that naming of subroutines with the dollar sign at the beginning of the name!

I hope I'm wrong on that!

Eschew variant characters in source!!

See you in a couple!