Re: Globalization question

fixed

On 8/30/2012 3:09 PM, sjl wrote:
I have several RPG programs which are being deployed via Implementer to
several different LPAR's being used by different world areas, one of which
is for Europe.

The source files are all defined with CCSID(37), but the European
environment is using CCSID(500).

How do I deal with the variant character | (the pipe symbol) across these
environments:

In CCSID(37) , the pipe symbol is X'4F', but in CCSID(500) the pipe symbol
is X'BB'

It's been a while since I've looked at that code but, as long as the source physical files have the correct CCSID, the contents of the source should be trans-coded correctly.

We have a number of customers that use Implementer to deploy code to machines running different CCSID's.

If you have any specific problems, please contact PTC Integrity (formerly MKS) support at integritysupport@xxxxxxx.

david
(who works for PTC Integrity on Implementer in addition to running these lists).