On 8/30/2012 3:09 PM, sjl wrote:
How do I deal with the variant character | (the pipe symbol) across these

In CCSID(37) , the pipe symbol is X'4F', but in CCSID(500) the pipe symbol
is X'BB'

We've found that putting all text constants in a message file (with the appropriate CCSID) works quite well.

When you retrieve a message from a message file, the text gets automatically trans-coded (don't know if that's the right term, but it's the one we use) from CCSID 37 to the jobs CCSID.