<< do they insist on creating their own standards when we have ANSI to
make
sure that doesn't happen?!?!>>

They had to create their own standards. Even IBM wasn't doing this
stuff
when SEQUEL hit the market 20 some years ago.

No. But Oracle, Ingress, SEBEL and those of their ilk were. Oracle V2 beat
the S/38 to market by a few weeks, and it was years later that ASC's SEQUEL
product became available. In the mean time, certain de facto standards had
been established, like how to join, "LIKE," et cetera - and SEQUEL felt they
had a better way. ANSI didn't get around to standardizing at that time -
I'll give you that - but they have since. The others all adapted.

But that's history and this isn't. A product that doesn't grow with the
industry is a product that is destined for niche usage (at best), and I'm
just not going to devote time to learn the nuances of a niche product when
there are better - and standard - methods available. (A "follow the
standards" option on the commands - even if it's defaulted to *NO - would
satisfy this. But in 20 some years (as you say) they still haven't awakened
to that idea.)

Dennis Lovelady
"Always live within your income, even if you have to borrow money to do so."
-- Josh Billings