From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Lovelady
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:15 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Calling a SQL script with parameters from CL program

Better yet, you can pass parameters to SEQUEL's RUNSCRIPT command.

SEQUEL has recently added CL style coding capability, including IF-
THEN-ELSE
logic.

Beware of the SEQUEL SPENDMONEY command.

Beware also of the (unforgivable) nuances of SEQUEL, like their blatant
disregard for standards that will drive you crazy. For example, use of *
rather than % as an SQL "LIKE" wildcard. And their JOIN syntax:

SELECT ...
FROM filea a,fileb b
JOIN a.key1=b.key1 and a.key2=b.key2

And the lack of LEFT OUTER (they have some other word or combination of
words that escapes me). And other "enhancements" that don't come to mind at
the moment.

I have SEQUEL at my disposal here and I usually find it easier to just write
a program to accomplish whatever task I need rather than fight the nuances.

Dennis Lovelady
"Nature gave man two ends - one to sit on and one to think with. Ever since
then man's success or failure has been dependent on the one he used most."
-- George R. Kirkpatrick