I haven't worked with this printer, but I'd try the SNMP connection first,
followed by the PJL connection. Pitney Bowes does mention SNMP on some of
their other printers, and this should be a more universal connection if it
works. My next try would be PJL, which is IBM's implantation of PCL.

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

"DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/24/2008 05:21 PM
Please respond to

Printer: Pitney Bowes DA80F

I am supposed to attach this printer to our i5, but I don't see any
information for Pitney Bowes on IBM's ASCII printer support page.
According to documentation, this device has a built in print server (port
5100) and uses PCL5. Has anyone else successfully configured this

Looking through the HP printers supported, none of the PCL5 printers seem
to support PJL, SNMP, or IPP. Is LPR the only way to attach a PCL5

Thanks for any advice...
Eric DeLong