From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: File Transfer from PC to iSeries Sucks

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Bruce Collins
<Bruce.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the archives I read that Netserver has performance issues. What
causes the bottleneck. I am trying to copy a file from my PC to the
iSeries and I start off fast 1500 kbps but it steps down to around 45
kbps over time. Just wondering.

Do the same issues exist when using FTP?

If yes: Duplex Mismatch, Faulty Switches, NIC, etc.

If no: SMB Signing

Read my blog at