Can the Excel file transfer (upload) utility be used with SQL-defined
files?

There's some data I would like to upload from Excel into a SQL file but
am receiving errors.

Added column headings to the data matching the system column names.
Highlighted the data and column headings; they are in the same order as
the file. Ran the "Transfer data to iSeries" in Excel. Create new
request. Selected the option to Allow numeric data in character columns
to be converted to character data.

Receiving the error message "CWBTF0073 - The type of a column in the
spreadsheet selection does not match the corresponding column type in
the database file." It's too bad it doesn't specify which column is in
error, how do I find this?

The SQL table contains four columns, all are varchar(). I have "numbers"
in Excel that should be treated as character data (cost centers).

TIA,

Loyd

Loyd Goodbar

Business Systems