From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Joe Giusto II
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:08 PM
To: Midrange-L
Subject: Accessing MSSQL with SQLCLI

can anyone help me with the connection parameters to access the MSSQL data
base using SQLCLI?

i have been searching all day and the only example i found for SQLCLI was
for attaching to another AS400 data base.

in the example i have been trying to work with, i have the following connect
statement:
rc = SQLConnect(hdbc :
szDSN :
cbDSN :
szUID :
cbUID :
szAuthStr :
cbAuthStr);

cbDSN = SQL_NTS
i have changed szDSN to the name of the data base (which i am able to access
via ms access odbc driver) but i do not know how to tell it the location (ip
address) of the server that the MSSQL data base resides on.