From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 7:58 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FTP from AS400 through proxy to outside world

Hi all,

I have a client that I wrote some custom software for and we are needing to
send text files from the AS400 via FTP to a remote server. So far we have
been unsuccessful because they are saying the AS400 needs to go through a
proxy server (Microsoft ISA?) to get to the outside world. They are
thinking of running another physical ethernet cable to the AS400 to make
this work, but I have to imagine the AS400 can work with a proxy server to
communicate with the outside world WITHOUT another cable.

In short, what settings need to be modified on the AS400 to communicate with
a Microsoft proxy server?

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com