WRKPTFGRP and PTF Status

fixed

When I run WRKPTFGRP I have a couple of questions that I can't sort out from the help text.

1. If the status shows "Not Installed" what is the cause? I have several PTF groups that show "Not Installed" yet all the PTF's listed are "Superseded", "Permanently applied" or "Temporarily applied". I understand that the group wouldn't be installed if there was an individual PTF that showed "Not applied" , but if they are are applied or superseded wouldn't that count as being "Installed" ?

2. I have several PTF's in a group that have a status of "Not Found". If I downloaded and installed a group, why would a PTF in that group be "Not Found"? I haven't deleted any PTF's that I know of.

This particular customer has had a few issues with PTF's but these entries don't make sense to me.

Pete