At 5:50 AM +0200 6/4/08, Lukas Beeler wrote:
Next, IBM should kill support for matrix printers.

NO WAY! Our shipping departments live on their OkiData 321 printers. Cheap, Reliable, Able to print on multi-part forms... Yes, our Bills of Lading are still multi-part (although the need for a multi-part BOL is being questioned).

And we do still use a number of green-bar printers for large reports (although we keep trying to save trees); the number is shrinking...

Have they completely solved the problem of stacks of laser-printed pages sticking together when pressed together? Green-bar reports don't -do- that!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx