I agree with Vern. I dislike bottom posting [quoted text above reply]. _Spinning_ through posts in a newsreader [e.g. using N=Next in Thunderbird] is extremely frustrating when encountering posts by bottom feeders ...err... bottom posters ;-) Top posting [quoted text below reply] is preferable for me, because I already know what the topic is, esp. when it has kept /on subject/. And... I also know what the prior poster wrote, in most cases, because I have most likely _just_ finished reading the message being responded to... only a moment before I moved on to its reply. I also dislike paging past the quoted text [what I just read in the previous post], to see the reply; i.e. it makes /spinning/ seem more like /dredging/ through the message threads.

Having started with off-line reading [for mail, news, BBs, journals, etc. from downloads using a super-slow modem ;-) ], and having used active news readers [off-line optional], email lists, and web-based forums, I have to say... I have never found anything as nice as using NNTP with a good News Reader. This remains true, even if many replies are posted using /quoted text above reply/.

Vern, Notes client Ctrl-Shift-End works fine for me... but only in edit-mode; I see your point in non-edit. But rather than select and then post, I just let the NewsReader software automatically reformat [to quote] the message to which I am responding. Then I immediately snip excessive quoted details and compose my response. I seem to recall Notes client as news reader having quoting /internet style/ capability, such that similarly, a reply with quoted text enables delaying the edit activity.?

Regards, Chuck