Yah vell yew noe dat yew are frum dis fine state uv minneesohta tew for shur

At 11:12 AM 3/20/2007, you wrote:

Hey! Easy with Minnesota!! VERN'S from Minnesota!! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:07 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RES: OH MY GAWD!

What I enjoy is talking about support issues with a group of programmers
from India (naturalized Americans now) that I work with in New Jersey.
They complain that they have to switch to Hindi to understand what these
folks are saying and then, even in the native language, still having to
deal with folks who don't know what they are talking about as they work
the "script".

I don't suffer from Xenophobia.  I just want to talk to someone in my
native language who can clearly understand what I am saying and solve my
problem.  I don't care if they are from India, or Mexico, or Minnesota.
I know some folks who shouldn't be on the phone and they are native
English speakers.  Phone support is difficult to do well and nearly
impossible to do VERY well regardless of background or location.  I just
wish that, since these folks are usually my last resort, they would
represent the excellence of the company I contact rather than the bare
minimum needed to meet their support obligations.

Pete Helgren