RE: Updating files from the web

fixed

1 - Saying the iSeries doesn't have column level security and then saying
it does, but you have to do some work, grinds me.  First thought is of the
Poster who says something like i5/os is doomed to failure because it
doesn't support (his personal obscure pet request of the week here).
Second thought is that a lot of stuff does take work.  I bet forcing all
the users to throw out their favorite GUI tools unless they support your
remote calls for all data access takes a lot of work also.

2 - Been awhile since I looked at the new stuff and I haven't really
played with it yet.  I wonder if you can do authorization lists on a
column?  I could easily see how the work for your security officer would
snowball fast.