Re: Passing CL variables to rpgle

fixed

Jerry Draper <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

if a straight call then how do I pad the variables with chgvar?

You don't. You put a *CMD front-end on the called program. That is by far the quickest, easiest possible solution.

So far as I'm aware, the only other way is to build up the entire command line as a single *CHAR variable, and pass it to QCMDEXC.

--
JHHL
(who has yet to understand the resistance some people have to putting *CMD front-ends on programs that take parameters)