From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stefan Tageson
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 9:50 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: System i5 first boot

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 2006-11-13 15:38:10:

Is there a way for me to find what IP address it has assigned itself?
Through the random pushing of buttons on the control panel display I
found
it once, but that was a couple of boot attempts ago and I am trying to
figure out how to get back into there.

Well, the i5 do not assign any ipadresses by itself. If you are talking
about the hmc ports - then yes it is by default set up to try to get an
ipadress from an dhcp-server. Otherwise it will fallback to default ipadress
of 192.168.2.147 on port hmc 1 and 192.168.3.147 on port hmc 2,

You can check this by using function 30 on the operator panel. You need to
set the ipl type to manual to be able to get function 30.

Change ipl type to Manual.

Step to 30 using arrow buttons. Press Enter, Operator panel will show 30**
Use arrow buttons to get function 3000. Press Enter.
Operator panel will show ipadress on port hmc 1.
Use arrow buttons to get function 3001. Press Enter.
Operator panel will show ipadress on port hmc 2.

Use arrow buttons to return to 30**. Press Enter to return to function 30.

Change ipl type to Normal.

Regards

Stefan Tageson