Folks,

I'm attempting a customer (that'd be me) install of a new 520 with some
optional feature cards, and getting nowhere fast. Neither the machine nor
the parts shipped with any kind of i5/OS related installation instructions,
but I did get:

   1) a 500 page Safety Manual
   2) AIX installation instructions for a 5703 SCSI card

Gee.. thanks IBM.

Anway, the base machine included the following components:

4 - 4326 Disk Units (35.16 GB)
1 - 2844 IOP
1 - 2746 Twinax IOA
1 - 9793 WAN IOA

I'm trying to install the additional features:

1 - 6594 4-Disk Expansion cage
1 - 5703 PCI-X RAID controller
1 - 5702 PCI-X Tape controller
1 - 2844 PCI IOP

The original PCI card positions were as follows:

C1 - empty
C2 - empty
C3 - 9793 WAN
C4 - empty
C5 - 2746 Twinax
C6 - 2844 IOP

Using what little documentation I could find at the Infocenter, I came up
with the following changes to the card positions:

C1 - 2844 IOP
C2 - 2746 Twinax
C3 - 9793 WAN
C4 - 5702 Tape Controller
C5 - 5703 Raid Adapter
C6 - 2844 IOP

I installed the cards in the new positions, installed the disk cage & 4
additional disks, and connected the new disk cage to controller 0 of the
5703 adapter, using the supplied SCSI cable.

The end result is that I can't IPL into DST. The machine is not finding the
workstation controller (SRC A6005001).

If anyone out there has some decent reference manuals, could you please take
a quick look at my card assignments to see if something is amiss?

Thank you,

John Taylor