Hi Carl,

1. Yes, the data has to be captured in the farmers fields and stores. If
we work with our existing applications it will be real time. Maybe later
we can rewrite some applications to do local processing on the PDA and
then sync the data to the iSeries, but like I said: I have no experience
with writing applications for PDA's, so that's no option at this moment.

2. The environment is not that pretty for electronic devices. I think
soil and water a possible problems.

3. No wireless private environment. Field workers are located at
multiple places in Europe.

4. We can connect through GPRS and VPN I assume. I don't know what kind
of datastream TN5250 applications do have. When an application and
connection is started but not used, does it generate some polling
traffic?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Arco Simonse

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of C.Meijer B.V. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
not authorized to read, print, retain, copy,disseminate, distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
all copies of this message.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the
presence of computer viruses