Re: Ftp Security

fixed

> How can I have a user ftp to a specific directory on the ifs and keep
the
> user in that directory?  I know on the userprf how to set the home dir.
but,
> you can do a cd / and see the root dir.
>
>  I want to keep the user in a specific directory and not go to any
higher
> level directory.

Hello Jimmy,
Haven't tried this myself by if you use iSeries Navigator-> <Server>
Application Administration-> Host Applications->TCP/IP Utilities for
iSeries->FTP Server->Specific Operations->Change Directory and then
restrict "normal" users from using the Change Directort command?
For the time being I'm on vacation and have no connection to a system - so
this is untested.

Best regards
Stefan