The SNTP client (whatever it is called) will probably fail because the difference between your time and the time at the SNTP server to which you are connecting is greater than a certain amount. You set this in navigator, I think, and maybe in option 20 of CFGTCP.

From the doc:

You can specify an amount of time that the iSeries software clock must be near the time server, before the SNTP client will adjust the time of day on your software clock.

HTH Vern