We're using an inexpensive product called MSNTP400 to handle this. Unfortunately, it can only change the system clock a small amount, probably a minute or two. So it won't adjust for daylight savings time. We still have to do that manually.

Also don't forget to change the UTC offset. In the US central time zone it goes from -5 to -6 because Universal Time is always standard time, no daylight saving.

Bill Hogue wrote:
If our iSeries (v5r2) is syncing to a network time source (CHGNTPA),
will I still need to manually change for daylight savings time?   The
time source changes automatically.

Thanks,

Bill Hogue
Network Manager
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital

-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.