From: Sannan Solberg
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 8:31 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: JDE/Peoplesoft Archiving

Yep, do it all the time but I don't need any special software to do it.
JDE/Peoplesoft has quite a few built in purges for a majority of their
files as well as a generic Dreamwriter purge called P00PURGE.  Can I
assume you are using Peoplesoft World? Or EnterpriseOne.  All of their
purges create a "copy" of the file you are purging and puts the purged
data from the production file into it.  You can then just tape off the
files to archive and you're done.  If you have specifics, I should be
able to help.  There is also a user forum and list at
http://www.jdelist.com that this type of discussion has been regularly
covered.  You can check their archives and probably find something.