I worked for several years with an old release of ACS.  There are many
things that you would like to do.  Among the things that I remember are:

1.    The A/R sucked.  I appliqued another A/R product on top of it.  My
suspicion is that it was written for a factored client.
2.    Allocation was designed to be customized, but even then it wasn't
good enough.  I wrote an interactive allocation/order maintenance program.
3.    The overall package was ported from a S/34 application and was laden
with subroutines.  We started removing unused subroutines by hand, and
ultimately wrote a command name Remove Unnecessary RPG Subroutines
(RMVURPGSR), and this improved performance.  On the large memory machines
available today, this is likely a moot point.

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-9406 fax

             Mike Berman
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             10/19/2004 10:43                                      Subject
             AM                        Typical project w/ ACS Software
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems

HI What type of projects does one typically work on using ACS (Apparel
Computer Systems) software? I think there are a few list members w/ this
one.Thank you, Mike

Do you Yahoo!?