Just don't forget to download & install the latest iSeries Access service
pack from www.ibm.com/iseries/access after installing from the CD.  :-)

...Neil

rob@xxxxxxxxx
2004/10/06 14:27

cc

Subject
RE: Installing i5 520

Excellent solution.

Group Dekko Services, LLC

Neil Palmer/DPS <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: Installing i5 520

Yes, you have to get it by calling Microsoft Support.  The easier way was
to take the V5R3 and upgrade the PC to iSeries Access V5R3, when IBM (as
usual) has managed to code around Microsloth's bugs - so you don't need
that fix if you install V5R3 on the PC.

...Neil

rob@xxxxxxxxx

Subject
RE: Installing i5 520

There's a fix for that SP4 issue.  If you're still interested you can try
the archives.

Group Dekko Services, LLC

Neil Palmer/DPS <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
RE: Installing i5 520

Require, NO.  But IF you have machine ordered for Ops console & change
your mind, or it doesn't work, unlike V5R2 and earlier it WON'T just
accept a twinax screen and transfer.  We wasted 8 hours because the system

had Ops Console Specified and customer wanted Twinax, their PC was W98 and

wouldn't work, my laptop was Win2000 with SP4 which has a problem, and a
series of other events (like 60,000 SPAM emails at our companies server)
delayed things a bit more.  :-)

...Neil

"Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
RE: Installing i5 520

> Power on the HMC display
> Then power on the HMC itself,
> and lastly power on the system.

Does an i5 _require_ something other than a twinax console?  If so, what
are the benefits?  Looks like I have more reading to do . . .

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.