There's a fix for that SP4 issue.  If you're still interested you can try
the archives.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755

Neil Palmer/DPS <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
10/06/2004 11:08 AM
Please respond to

Fax to

RE: Installing i5 520

Require, NO.  But IF you have machine ordered for Ops console & change
your mind, or it doesn't work, unlike V5R2 and earlier it WON'T just
accept a twinax screen and transfer.  We wasted 8 hours because the system

had Ops Console Specified and customer wanted Twinax, their PC was W98 and

wouldn't work, my laptop was Win2000 with SP4 which has a problem, and a
series of other events (like 60,000 SPAM emails at our companies server)
delayed things a bit more.  :-)

"Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2004/10/05 15:58
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RE: Installing i5 520

> Power on the HMC display
> Then power on the HMC itself,
> and lastly power on the system.

Does an i5 _require_ something other than a twinax console?  If so, what
the benefits?  Looks like I have more reading to do . . .

Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 13369
Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369