Even with the recommended PTF (MH00133 - superseded my MH00142) the UPS
signal cable still doesn't work on the 520's I just installed.  Latest
word from IBM is that another PTF is expected later in October or early
November.

PS - there is confusion over the correct port to connect the #1827
Serial-UPS conversion cable goes on the bottom port (if you rack mount the
520) or if you have the "deskside tower)" version, the two plugs are at
the top left of the rear panel, and the cable goes on the one to the
right.  Part of the confusion is that the system handbook mentions on the
570 diagrams that the UPS cable goes on port T2, so if you assume that
means the second port on the 520 you'd be wrong.

...Neil

"Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
2004/10/05 16:09
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Installing i5 520

Check postings here in last few weeks about a UPS cable problem (adapter
or
new cable needed and ptf's)
jim