RE: Archiving Spooled Files

fixed

That would be a great idea were I talking about a handful of programs.
That's not the case, though.  There are dozens of programs generating these
reports.  We're already archiving them using jobs that are submitted after
our end of day process, but those things run all day long.  Needless to say,
the reports we want to save are probably gone by then.

If I were to write our print control logic from scratch, I'd probably have
every report go to one output queue and then route them from there.
Unfortunately, I have to play the cards I've been dealt.

Thanks.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<clip>
Why not create a File 132 position in length and write to it as you write to
the spool file.
<clip>