Most of my customers have a program I've written and added to over the
years called WEEKLY. Stealing shamelessly from people smarter than I, it
essentially performs exactly like a GO SAVE option 21, except that it can
be modified to exclude junk that management feels is unnecessary to save
(test libraries, software libraries easily reloaded from CD, etc.). The
last thing it does is to reboot the machine. At that point, any PTF's that
have been installed during the week get applied. The only thing the user
needs to do is to go to the console on the proper day and type WEEKLY,
press enter, and walk away. The program waits until the appointed time and
continues.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of
others are often stiffened." ~~ Billy Graham

Jerry <jdraper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/14/2003 10:44 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion