If you feel a need to IPL, which may be because:
- you want to do a restricted state backup and you might as well IPL as do
all the other tasks necessary to bring it back up
- Got some ptf's you want to apply
- your lark here

Then I agree, perhaps a custom program is in order for you.  However if
you have no development staff, IBM has added a few options for you with
the power schedule.

Benjamin Franklin

Jerry <jdraper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/14/2003 11:44 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: QIPLDATTIM and power off/on schedule

At this point we wonder why would we use it at all.  It seems appropriate
simply write a cl that shuts things down in an orderly way and end with a
pwrdwnsys *cntld ipl(*yes).

Why not?

Jerry

Quoting pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx: