I started looking at webfacing myself about three months ago. I used the
IBM redbook which was quiet useful. All I wanted to do was get a few simple
screens up and running so that I could show my boss how  a webfaced screen
looked. I aws able to use the wizard to help me convert a simple DDS screen
which was fine and I followed all the instructions to run the page in the
browser, but I when I got the logon page and signed on, the browser just
seemed to hang forever.

It took me about three hours to get to this stage and about three weeks to
make any more progress. My problem was the the webfacing was trying to use
QINTER and here QINTER is not active and we are all directed to different
versions fo QINTER ( i.e. QINTER broken up into subsets) depending on where
we work.

Something small and really silly. If you can find aout what's going wrong
post the question to the list . I assume he's using the built in WAS in
WDSc for client testing ?

                      rob@xxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                     To:      Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      midrange-l-bounces@x         cc:      Web Enabling the
AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      idrange.com                  Subject: Just how tricky is
webfacing?

                      13/06/03 17:19

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

THIS MESSAGE ORIGINATED ON THE INTERNET - Please read the detailed
disclaimer below.

But we have a developer who has spent way too much time trying to webface
two or three simple programs.  He strikes me as reasonably intelligent. He
has worked with stuff other than iSeries, (Pick, Domino, etc) so it's not
like non 5250 scares him to death.  He has purchased several books dealing
with html, java, etc.  He also seems to have a good work ethic.  But for
as simple as the webfacing concept sounds, it sure is taking a long time.
Boss is about to dump webfacing and take another tack.  (Vendors beware:
He has stated that if he has to purchase something he might as well
purchase SSA's internet solution.  Especially since it is for a BPCS
interface.)

Benjamin Franklin

The following message has been automatically added by the mail gateway to
comply with a Royal & SunAlliance IT Security requirement.

As this email arrived via the Internet you should be cautious about its
origin and content. Replies which contain sensitive information or
legal/contractual obligations are particularly vulnerable. In these cases
you should not reply unless you are authorised to do so, and adequate
encryption is employed.

If you have any questions, please speak to your local desktop support team
or IT security contact.