From: midrange-l-bounces+cgalgano2=ediconsulting.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+cgalgano2=ediconsulting.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mike Shaw
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 1:10 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: SNA over TCP/IP

Carl,

Right now we are doing both traditional SNA and TCP/IP over 100 Mb Ethernet.
According to what I have read, traditional SNA is not supported at 1 GB
speeds and requires AnyNet to be configured to work.

The 100 Mb iSeries-to-iSeries environment right now is purely LAN.  There is
WAN traffic (TCP only), but is handled/front ended by our network folks. WAN
is transparent to all the iSeries here in Santa Rosa, vanilla SNA.

Let me know if you need more info Carl.  Thanks!

Regards,

Mike Shaw

Mike, tell me more about your configuration.  What are you talking SNA to?
Over a LAN or WAN? cjg