DDM runs over both SNA and IP.

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw

We have two machines here and have to copy some files from one to the other
on a nightly basis.  We have set up DDM files and it works like a champ.  I
don't know if your situation would allow use of DDM files, but it was very
easy to set up and never gives us a problem.

>>> werner.noll@xxxxxxxxx 06/11/03 04:14AM >>>
Hi All,

I'll have a discussion with a customer about the best methods of data
transfer between two iSeries systems. The systems are already connected by
TCP/IP. The issue is to transfer periodically files from one system to the
other. In the past we already used SNADS functions as well as FTP. I
personally prefer SNADS, which would require the Anynet-Support. In previous
postings I read something about a slow down when Anynet is used (in
comparison with pure SNA or pure TCP/IP). Would this be remarkable? Does
Anynet realy slow down also the interactive traffic on a TCP/IP line? Many
thanks for any arguments pros and cons.
GEFIS Gesellschaft für
Individual-Software mbH
Werner Noll