Dave,

I can't address the migration issues, but I do know that you won't be
the first one to go from here to there - the process should be fairly
well mapped out somewhere.

Are you looking to utilize some unused cycles on an existing AS/400, or
would you purchase a machine to run Domino?  The relative
price/performance of the Dedicated Domino Server (DSD) line surpasses
that of the standard boxes, and could make the purchase easier to
justify.  (Be careful and know that you understand the limitations about
using the DB/2 database in conjunction with the DSD).  If you're looking
to put Domino on an existing machine, be very careful.  Sometimes Domino
doesn't share processor cycles very well.

IBM has some fairly good sizing tools on the web which might be helpful:
http://www-912.ibm.com/servlet/EstimatorServlet

Domino does not require as many disk arms as a similar machine for DB/2
users.

Remove access over the web is similar to what you would use for any
other mail server.  I've used it directly through a firewall and via VPN
with both a Notes client and a browser.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

> On Behalf Of Dave Snyder
> Subject: Email packages
>
> I have been asked by my CTO to throw this message out here and see
what
> type of feedback I get.
>
> We are using GroupWise as our email software. Overall we are pretty
> satisfied with it, but some are pushing for a switch. To what is the
> question. Lotus Notes is one option. Doesn't this run on the AS400?
Can I