As others have stated, and I've seen it too, there are numerous canned
packages out there which allow you to control which fields to put on the

It's like a religion thing.  Once I get you to have faith that it can be
done doing it is a separate issue.  And, would it even be ethical for
someone to say how Vendor A does it, or is that a violation of a trade

Benjamin Franklin

Buck Calabro <>
Sent by:
07/08/2002 09:45 AM
Please respond to midrange-l

        Fax to:
        Subject:        RE: Variable Fields on the screen

>But my point was that users may
>come up with an option that you
>may not even think of.

Oh, I agree completely, and that's what makes user-defined _presentation_
difficult.  Sure you can have the end user re-arrange the display, but
about the underlying business logic?  In most applications, the two are
or email: