Jeff,

There are three major players in the AS400 EDI
market:

Preminos  http://www.harbinger.com/
EXTOL    http://www.extol.com
Sterling  http://sterling.com

Preminos/Harbinger offers an excellent package
that is used by the majority of the AS400 shops
out there (first in stays in I guess)

EXTOL has the fastest translator on the market
(proven many times).  It is very configurable, can
handle proprietary standards and has some great
features.  It's down-fall (so they say) is that it
only has an "expert" mode. (which you become after
using the product for a little while)  It has a
GUI interface too.

I don't know anything about GenTran, the Sterling
product other than it exists and has the lowest
share of the market.

Hope this helps in your search.

---

Bill Meecham