  • Subject: Re: CL enhancements
  • From: Chris Rehm <Mr.AS400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:51:27 PDT

** Reply to note from Mark Lazarus <mlazarus@ttec.com> Sun, 01 Mar 1998 20:24:07

> Of course that's not what we're requesting.  We want enhancements to the
> product we paid for, not the version we have to pay for again.

And I am trying to ask you what incentive IBM has to do that.

>  Reliability was never an issue.  If they felt that they were getting the
> best response to their technical considerations then maybe it would have
> turned out differently.

Then why did they choose a vendor which is proven less responsive? IBM has
and does respond to user requests. They do not respond to EVERY user
request. Sitting here bitching about that won't change it. I absolutely
agree that it is important for every user to make IBM aware of the issues
that each individual account wishes addressed. Through that IBM can perhaps
address some of those issues.

My suggestion to you is that if you wish a positive resolution to your
issue, you should try and consider some way of making it appealing to IBM.
I don't think there is a quantity of emails you can send to me attacking
IBM that will take the place of that.

Consider this, if your employer decided to not pay you but rather send
emails to a friend of yours telling that friend how foolish you were to not
work there, would you still go to work? Isn't it probable that your
employer would have to find a way to attract you in?

I am not sure improving CL will sell any more computers. However, there is
some advantage to be gained by raising customer satisfaction levels. I
think, though, that if you look at this you will discover that there might
not be a high enough level of response to a CL improvement to make any
difference in purchasing.

IBM does respond to customer needs/wants. After all, they did make the 3x
line in the first place, right?

So, why not try and figure a way to make what you want attractive to IBM?

>  Are you going to tell me that IBM was responsive in a timely and
> affordable fashion to the Y2K issue?

Well, I have not suffered any losses as a result of the Y2k issue. The
company I work for has been using 8 digit dates for years. So, I guess I am
one of the lucky ones.

What Y2K issues did IBM create for you?

>  -mark

Chris Rehm
Mr.AS400@ibm.net

How often can you afford to be unexpectedly out of business?
Get an AS/400.