  • Subject: RE: performance problems
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:27:12 -0600

Was this upgrade done following the Roadmap, or did someone try to
shortcut it by just restoring your libraries to the new machine ?
I'm wondering whether there are some major differences with things like
system values, paging option for storage pools, etc.
If you have the old system still, or printouts of system values,
subsystem descriptions, you may want to compare how they are set up with
the new machine.

Other questions could be answered if you could describe a few things
about your OLD system, such as:
a)      How much memory ?
b)      How much DASD (specifically, how many of what types of disk) ?
c)      Did the old system have RAID-5 as well ?

Also, from WRKSYSSTS on new system, how many jobs in the system ?
>From WRKACTJOB - how many active jobs at peak times ?
>From WRKDSKSTS - what's the min/max/average % Busy on your disk arms
over an elapsed time of at least 3o seconds, during peak times ?

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com