  • Subject: Re: system state program call within user state
  • From: "Leif Svalgaard" <leif@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:18:13 -0500

Ray,
Chapters 7 and 15 in my eBook (http://iSeries400.org) explain this in great
detail.
Here I have to be reasonably short (IBM manuals also explain this well,
RTFM).
Objects that are visible to you are either in the user domain or in the
system domain.
Executable objects are either in the user state or the system state (or can
inherit state,
but forget about that little detail).

Briefly:  user state programs can only call other programs if they are in the
user
domain. QQUDC is in the system domain. Your RPG program can therefore not
call QQUDC as long as it itself is a user state program. With me so far?
you can't do it, period.

Now, if you change your program to have the system state attribute (set the
byte
at offset 15C1 to x'80' instead of what it was: x'01' - using SST, if you are
authorized
to do that), then you CAN call QQUDC. Changing your program to system state
may have other ramifications preventing you from calling other user state
programs
if you pass them parameters, so you may not wish to do this.

Is it absolutely mandatory that you call QQUDC? what is it that QQUDC does
that has business value to you?

Sorry to sound so negative, but you are getting in deep if you mess with
system state
stuff without knowing exactly what you are doing and having a good reason for
it.

Leif