Leif,
Thanks for the additional information.  Based on what you're saying, and since
the call to QQUDC was more of a "nice to have" feature than a requirement, it
doesn't look like it's worth the additional effort.  Since I'm the only
developer here that has authority to SST, I don't want to create a maintenance
headache for the other developers just to display the details of a query
definition object without allowing it to be changed.

Thanks and have a great day!
Spencer C. Ray
* mailto:Spencer.Ray@AB-AdventureParks.com
*314-957-4835
*314-957-4849 fax

Ray, Chapters 7 and 15 in my eBook (<http://iSeries400.org>) explain this in
great detail. Here I have to be reasonably short (IBM manuals also explain this
well, RTFM). Objects that are visible to you are either in the user domain or in
the system domain. Executable objects are either in the user state or the system
state (or can inherit state, but forget about that little detail). Briefly: user
state programs can only call other programs if they are in the user domain.
QQUDC is in the system domain. Your RPG program can therefore not call QQUDC as
long as it itself is a user state program. With me so far? you can't do it,
period. Now, if you change your program to have the system state attribute (set
the byte at offset 15C1 to x'80' instead of what it was: x'01' - using SST, if
you are authorized to do that), then you CAN call QQUDC. Changing your program
to system state may have other ramifications preventing you from calling other
user state programs if you pass them parameters, so you may not wish to do this.
Is it absolutely mandatory that you call QQUDC? what is it that QQUDC does that
has business value to you? Sorry to sound so negative, but you are getting in
deep if you mess with system state stuff without knowing exactly what you are
doing and having a good reason for it. Leif

+---