We had only KerberosOrBasic initially, but it was a terrible headache. At
5pm our users simply get up from theirs desks and walk out, without
shutting down anything. This means that PCs go weeks without restarting.
The way that Active Directory (our KDC for Kerberos) handles tickets they
aren't renewed in a manner usable by EIM except with a PC reboot. With
KerberosOrBasic, if a user's Kerberos ticket is expired the user gets a
login prompt. These users don't have an IBMi password (and many never have
had one). When they got the prompt, they tried to connect to IBMi with
their Windows credentials. That didn't work so they contacted the IT
department, who called the IBMi department (me). I told IT to relay back
to the user to reboot and try again. That occurred multiple times per day.

KerberosOrBasic would help the few (single digits) users who need to
sometimes connect via user/password, but would cause a daily hassle for me
and all the other users.

KerberosOrBasic would definitely work, if it comes to that.

Thanks