Taken from the MAGIC website:

“Until this year there was no easy way to develop and deploy PHP web applications natively on IBM i without installing Zend Server. In early 2020, IBM in conjunction with Zend released a new set of FREE Community supported RPM based installers for PHP. The new RPM installers allow PHP to be installed and ready for development within an hour or less. Even though the new RPM versions are available you will need to review your existing application code and usage of DB2 data to make sure your applications will run efficiently under the new IBM i PHP environment. These Community versions of PHP open up a whole new world of support options for PHP on IBM i. Join Richard Schoen and Alan Seiden as they give you a tour of the new Community IBM i PHP environment and help you decide if you’re ready to expand your PHP horizons. You won’t want to miss this inspiring PHP technical session.”

https://www.magic-ug.org/2020/02/23/may-21-php-on-ibm-i-without-zend-server-presentation-by-richard-schoen-and-alan-seiden/