From: WEB400 <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 8:23 AM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Maria vs. DB2 performance on IBM i

If the MariaDb database is working fine I would not suggest moving it in to
DB2 storage engine unless you want to use the same data from an RPG
application.

I can't imagine the performance would really be noticed on a small site
unless you just want to do it as a technical exercise.

I haven't run in to any customers using the native DB2 engine and don't know
how much if any effort is still going in to it.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 6
date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 08:10:25 -0600
from: <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] Maria vs. DB2 performance on IBM i

Yes default, which I believe is innodb.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects