From: WEB400 <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 12:17 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Maria vs. DB2 performance on IBM i

I have not used Maria with the Db2 storage engine Jim but did use the
storage engine with MySQL.

We were not that worried about performance so I didn't attempt to measure it
but I suspect there has to be some overhead in using it.

The bigger issue for me - because I _did_ have to use the same data with Db2
and RPG - was all the funky column names that resulted with many in quotes
because the MySQL table used some lower case names.

If I recall directly Brian May did some work in this area back then so he
may have some thoughts.

In summary though - if converting to Db2 in the PHP is an option I would do
it. For me I was using a package tool that did not support Db2 and in the
view of the software's developer it would have been a lot of work to switch.
So I have no choice but to use the Db2 engine.