Since the FTPAPI list is having problems, thought I'd post here...
Running v1.33 of HTTP API, and noticing connections sometimes being left
open by the HTTPS calls that use the http_req() procedure.
Noticeable only because it's happening in a set of long running job making
Problem manifested as "out of range" error
"One of the following has occurred in RPG procedure COMMTCP_FD in program
LIBHTTP/HTTPAPIR4: - A numeric length or start position is less than 1 or
too large for the string operation.describe her in this message"
as described here...
It seems we're a few versions behind...
Changes to version 1.39 from 1.38:
- Fixed ALGD0200 declaration in ENCRYPTR4 -- though, this should
not impact current users. (Thomas Raddatz)
- Correct international handling of $Version string in Cookie
Changes to version 1.38 from 1.37:
- Added memory alloc/dealloc diagnostic routines
- Fixed memory leaks -- comm drivers were not cleaned up
- fixed mismatches with regular alloc vs xalloc
Changes to version 1.37 from 1.36:
- Fix problem where debugLevel not propagated properly
- Added buffering to COMMTCPR4 to improve LineRead performance
- Added buffering to COMMSSLR4 to improve LineRead performance
Changes to version 1.36 from 1.35:
- Fix problem where http_persist_close() would get a pointer error
if http_persist_open() failed during SSL handshake.
The changes in 1.36 and 1.38 seem most likely to be related. Trying to get
the latest version put on to test.
But I'm hoping somebody here as seen the issue and can confirm it's fixed
in a later version when I push management for the upgrade.
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
To post a message email: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WEB400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.