From: Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:15 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Frameworks

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Dan Lanza <DLanza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ODBC/JDBC/ORM are not cornerstones of PHP MVC frameworks in any way.

You appear to be saying that the "M" in MVC frameworks is not dependent on ODBC/JDBC or an ORM in any way. Can you explain that?

I don't follow how if someone is considering PHP web frameworks, they may
be thinking of doing too much in PHP.

Some people would suggest that a best practice is to implement data validation, referential integrity, database related business rules, and any other logic that requires database access - to implement that type of logic in the same address space as the DBMS. Any logic that is incidental to database read, write, update, and delete events, for example.