We recently upgraded from 5.4 to 7.2. We have written CGIDEV programs for our intranet. Ever since our upgrade we have been experiencing latency issues. When we start the connection to our server, the sign on prompt pops up immediately. After I enter my credentials, it takes about 15 seconds to make it to our home page. That seems normal. Once on our home page, navigating to other pages on our intranet happens in a second or two. But, if I don't make any requests for about 5 minutes or longer, the same requests takes about 30 seconds. These results are the same no matter what page is being requested and if the user is local or remote. If I make frequent requests, response times are a second or two. If I wait more than 5 minutes between requests, the response times is about 30 seconds.

Something in 7.2 behaves different then in 5.4 or we are missing a setting. From what I can see from the PC side it is not a PC issues. We have tried different browsers with the same results. I am trying to figure out where I can go on the server to determine why there is this issue. At any given point we have 5 instances of QZSRCGI running and usually have 3 or 4 waiting for requests. So I think that is not the bottle neck. When I watch jobs QZSRCGI during the 30 second window, none of these jobs are showing any activity for my request. Is there some log that shows when a request hits the server and what job or program path a request takes? I'm trying to narrow down where the issue is.

Thanks,
Kent