Yes. Learn jQuery. I understand that, I really do. I decided that I needed to know the basics and stop being yanked around from one tool kit to another. So, for now at least, I am avoiding jQuery.

This is all hobby stuff for me, to keep me off the street corners and out of the Bingo Halls or zoning out with Soduko. Last spring I started with SQL (very impressed! I regret ignoring SQL for all of these years.) This is one of the SQL demo series I did: http://www.martinvt.com/SQL_-simple-/SQL_Simple_Subfile/sql_simple_subfile.html

Very plain vanilla green screen. Its complete but still green screen. So now I am seeing how big a job it is to use and deliver the same data on a web page: http://ventures.martinvt.com My current goal is to be able, by January 20th, to update the data from the web page and not have to do the update with green screen.

I would add this: onmouseover in and of itself is enough a user advantage to doom 5250's future for the employee who is a casual user of IT services. In my opinion.