From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bradley Stone
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:50 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Holding off recommending Node.JS for now

.net in PASE running on an IBM i....

Maybe what we need is RPG in DOS running on a Chromebook! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Kelly Cookson <KCookson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sad to say, I agree with you. However, I'm cautiously optimistic that
IBM will port ASP.NET 5 to PASE.

First, if IBM supports ASP.NET 5 in its Bluemix cloud, it has a
greater opportunity to sell cloud services. This is already happening.
You can already develop ASP.NET 5 applications on IBM's Bluemix cloud
( https://developer.ibm.com/bluemix/2015/05/18/getting-started-asp-net-5-bluemix/).
This hopefully breaks any ice that might prevent IBM from porting
ASP.NET
5 to the IBM i.

Second, if IBM supports ASP.NET 5 in the IBM i PASE environment, it
would give IBM a greater opportunity to sell IBM i servers to .NET
shops. It may also maintain extisting IBM i shops. A number of shops
run both the IBM i and Windows servers. If ASP.NET 5 ran in PASE, then
growing commitment to .NET development would no longer mean switching from IBM i to Windows.
These shops could view the IBM i as an integral part of the .NET
environment.

Thanks,

Kelly Cookson
IT Project Leader