Aha - the "which" command. Great tip. So it turns out I do have files called "node" and "npm" in /usr/bin on my development LPAR and that is why it works globally for me (no symlinks though). Other LPARS exhibit the same issue that Kelly has - so I will get my Ops guys to investigate. On other LPARS I am also seeing things like "Dependent module libstdc++.a(libstdc++.so.6) could not be loaded." when attempting to install other node packages (like Sails).

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bdietz400
Sent: 23 August 2015 13:43
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Starting a node program so it keeps running without interactive jobs staying open.

I think this ptf SI55747 created the sym links for node and npm.
2) Make node and npm as global commands.

I seem to remember a later maybe applying the latest PYF the exit program must not have created them as it should have.
I actually went and called the exit program right from the QOPS library.(test system) That fixed up the links.

If the node command is in your path, use the "which" command to see where it is.
--
Bryan